Looking for a productivity method for improving your Work From Home performance? Need to get more done? Want more free time? Without a doubt, The Pomodoro Technique is an almost foolproof way to get more done in less time.
From the Wikipedia article:
- Decide on the task to be done.
- Set the pomodoro timer (traditionally to 25 minutes)
- Work on the task until the timer rings.
- After the timer rings, put a checkmark on a piece of paper.
- If you have fewer than four checkmarks, take a short break (3–5 minutes), then go to step 2.
- After four pomodoros, take a longer break (15–30 minutes), reset your checkmark count to zero, then go to step 1.
Along with this, when you take your well earned breaks which are part of the technique, really do something else that is not work. Go walk around the block, get a snack, or even go sit in your car. If you are lucky enough to work from home, go play with the dog, fold some laundry or empty the dishwasher. Do things that will take your mind off of what you are working on. If it’s an unsolved problem, your brain will still keep working on it in the background and often works better when you aren’t bothering it.
Of course, for a work from home job, productivity is only half the battle. Want to learn how to convince an employer that you can handle your work from home? Add your email below to receive an alert message before the next webinar fills up.